The present Perspective Plan has been prepared for the period of five years commencing form the academic year 2015 to 2020. It also considers the quality indicators of seven criteria of NAAC. The college IQAC committee has taken the views and suggestions from Management, Head of the departments, the principal, for preparing the plan. All the suggestions are thoroughly discussed in the IQAC meetings in order to make the plan feasible and robust.
The core aim of an IQAC is to enhance the quality culture in academic and administrative activities of the college. So IQAC strives to assist and design activities and strategies for maintaining the quality culture in the college. All the policies, it designs are for are creating student centric environment in the college. Hence annually the feedbacks are collected from various stakeholders- the students, employees, alumni and parents. They are analyzed, and the data is adopted for the enhancement of quality. IQAC maintains the documentation of various activities conducted at the departmental, faculty and college level.
IQAC plays a vital role in maintaining and enhancing the quality of the institution as it suggests quality measures. Hence this perspective plan is designed by considering Feedbacks from various stakeholders and their recommendations and aiming at introducing innovations and planning for improvement, maintenance and sustenance of the quality in teaching- learning, research and infrastructure. It is necessary to have a competent faculty for the quality initiative so IQAC maintains the PBAS based self appraisal of the teachers. IQAC encourages the faculty for research and orientation through their involvement in seminars, conferences organized at national and international levels. It also motivates the faculty for participating in various workshops, refresher and orientation courses so as to understand recent trends and methods employed in the subject related teaching.
As a college, it is our responsibility to provide quality education to our students. So we have prepared a perspective plan for creating, maintaining and sustaining the quality culture in our college. At a primary level the Perspective Plan has been discussed, reviewed and approved in the IQAC meeting and later it is placed before the institutional managing committee. It is our sincere and collective effort to prepare the framework that can guide us towards the attainment of our goals.
The functions of the IQAC Cell:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitate to create learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- To arrange for feedback from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing institutional quality;
- Nature Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
After the NAAC peer team visit on………2015, the college prepared the Perspective/Strategic plan considering the following aspects in tune with the vision, mission and goals of the college.
- To accomplish the recommendations/compliances given by NAAC peer team during 2nd cycle i.e in the previous re-accreditation process.
The vision statement of our college is: “We at B. P. Sulakhe Commerce College, Barshi are committed to effectively impart commerce and computer education to develop skills, to provide opportunity for integrity, innovation and excellence.”
The mission statement of the college is to make conscious and continuous efforts to create a link between commerce education and the business world.